Skip to main content
google.com, pub-9182070801894441, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Featured post

The Most Popular Romance Movies You Should See

I really love watching romantic movies , so for all those romantics out there, I have compiled a list of movies that I have enjoyed in the past. Here they are...

A Movie Review of The Passion of the Christ Directed and Written by Mel Gibson


Photo credit: Denise Larkin



I watched The Passion of the Christ directed by Mel Gibson in 2004 last night and I was surprised by it.

Mel Gibson, also, wrote the screenplay with Benedict Fitzgerald. Have you seen it?



The Passion of the Christ, in my opinion, was a masterpiece. The impressive theatrical performances made me believe the story even though I watched the movie following English subtitles. Of course, the subtitles are minimal, as the movie is in Aramaic and Latin with not much speech throughout it, as the music and cinematic display is far more powerful than the speech of words. If you are worried about following the English subtitles, then don't be, because it is not that hard to follow. The story is easy to follow too.


I found The Passion of the Christ quite disturbing though, because there was so much brutal force when the time came for Jesus to be captured and punished. In the movie, they used deadly whips to punish Jesus severely. Jesus is shown to have been savagely and cruelly battered almost to death before they even get to crucify him. The brutality of the scene shows Jesus covered in blood, which makes the special effects an excellent one at best, but to watch Jesus being beat like this could put most holy people off seeing it. But what was Mel Gibson thinking when he directed this movie? Did he want to reveal a harshness so cruel upon Jesus that he needed to show the world what he thought had really happened? It does seem that way to me.


I rate The Passion of the Christ 8 out of 10.


Watch Youtube trailer of the Passion of the Christ below:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Popular Romance Movies You Should See

I really love watching romantic movies , so for all those romantics out there, I have compiled a list of movies that I have enjoyed in the past. Here they are...

Unorthodox: A Miniseries on Netflix

Unorthodox:  Another popular tv series on Netflix! Photo by Wikipedia

Six Popular Musical Movies That Will Amaze You

Here are some popular musical movies that you might like to see. The Greatest Showman musical movie

Cookies

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. See details