I really love watching romantic movies , so for all those romantics out there, I have compiled a list of movies that I have enjoyed in the past. Here they are...
An uplifting tv series that got me hooked from the beginning to the end.
Netflix has a new thriller tv series called ‘Messiah’. I watched season one in two days because I was hooked from the very start. The tantalizing storyline is binge-worthy and exciting. After seeing the first episode, I wanted to know what would happen next so I had to continue with it.
‘Messiah’ stars Michelle Monaghan who starred in ‘The Path’ and Mehdi Dehbi who plays the Messiah named Al-Masih in Arabic, and John Ortiz who had a part in ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ as Jim Thorne in the episode titled ‘Unfit’.
‘Messiah’ is based on an occurrence that takes place in the Middle East. A man claims to be the Messiah who rapidly gathers followers. A CIA Officer, Eve Geller (Michelle Monaghan) investigates the man to find out whether he is the holy Messiah or not. She becomes immersed in what he is doing and won’t give up until she finds something out about him that will discredit him as the Messiah.
It is rather deceiving when you start watching the ‘Messiah’ because you are not sure if he is the Son of God or not. There are some miracles that cannot be explained but as the investigation of who this man really is and starts to uncover, it’s hard to know what truth is being revealed. This is the exciting part of the story and we all want to know if he is who says he is. It’s what gets this tv show going.
There are some glorious storylines that can shatter your mind as you watch but I loved that about it. The story has been well set out and the characters are exciting to follow especially Monaghan’s part as a CIA officer who struggles with her past and what the truth could be.
John Ortiz’s performance as Felix who owns a congregation in a small town in Texas that nobody hardly visits is riveting to watch. He is desperate to make it work. He has a wife and daughter.
The daughter played by Stephania LaVie Owen is going through a depressive time in her teenage life until she meets Al-Masih who turns up to save her. The small congregation is about to be burnt down by Felix because of the dept he has accumulated over time. Of course, when a tornado hits the area and completely ruins everything except for the church that still stands upright unharmed because Al-Masih has saved both the church and the daughter everything changes.
The performances of these characters are outstanding. They enhance the show’s story by creating a backdrop of their character’s lives. Watching these people’s lives unfold because of a possible Messiah turning up is believable and it’s something we all want to know once we start watching ‘Messiah’.
The miracles told are incredible to witness but most of all, we want to binge-watch this show right to the end, because sometimes, our lives are similar to these characters and we want to search for the truth about life. The church that still stands after everything that has happened is another eye-opener in the plot. It’s exciting to watch as the story continues to show more of these plots along the way.
I enjoyed this show so much that I recommend it to anyone who wants something worthwhile to watch.
I rate it 9 out of 10!

Comments
Post a Comment